Thursday, July 18, 2013

NAMI | On Mental Health Awareness in the Muslim Community

I have been a active member with the National Alliance on Mental Illness since suffering an emotional breakdown in 2011.  The sad part is, after learning I had an illness I should have been diagnosed many years before I admitted I had a problem and check myself into the hospital.  So many doctors so little knowledge available to diagnose my symptoms.  From time to time I will share posts from the work we are doing to help people learn and become aware.

When we are given the label of mentally ill, it doesn't mean that we are all drug addicts, alcoholics, or dangerous.   With proper diagnoses, and awareness of our environment on causes of mental illness the world can be a happier place for everyone.

Please take time today to educate yourself about Melody Moezzi by reading her story. Take time to look at her book and the work she has accomplished  We are different and we are strong.

Blessings and Light

Juli

NAMI | On Mental Health Awareness in the Muslim Community